Participants: Solid Organ Transplant Recipients
Men and Women’s Singles
Competitors must be pre-registered to compete in table tennis.
1. There will be two divisions; men and women.
2. All matches will be self-officiated. The tournament director will moderate all disputes.
3. Competitors will play two matches selected at random within their age category, division and gender; a match is the best two out of three games with scores to 11.
4. Top individuals advance to a single-elimination tournament.
5. The single elimination tournament will be best three out of five games up to 11.
The United States Table Tennis Association rules apply (www.teamusa.org/USA-Table-Tennis
). With some modifications.
Once an event is completed and results are available, table tennis staff must record all competitors and scores to the appropriate system/documents. When electronic scoring is being utilized a manual backup system must be in place to record results.
When available, during the course of competition, sports directors may post results (identified as preliminary) for public and competitor review.
Upon conclusion of the day’s competition, sports directors must submit final results for each event. Manual documents must be signed and dated by the appropriate staff member. Results will be reviewed for accuracy and posted in the TGA Village.
1. Players must provide their own racquets.
2. Racquets must be different colored sides.
3. No sandpaper racquets are permitted.
4. I.T.T.F. approved balls will be provided.
**Rules and format are subject to change and may be modified based on each competition.