Monday, August 1, 2022
8:00am to 6:00pm
Competitor check-in is at 7:00am
University of California San Diego
Triton Track and Field Stadium
9730 Hopkins Drive, San Diego, CA 92121
Transplant Recipients, Living Donors, Corneal & Tissue Recipients,
Bone Marrow Recipients, and International
The track & field competition will have the following events for men, women and youth.
|Men & Women Individual Track Events||Men & Women Field Events|
|Youth Individual Track Events||Youth Field Events|
|25m (5 & under)||Softball Throw|
|50m (6-10 years old)||Long Jump|
|100m (11-13 years old)||High Jump (11-13 years old only)|
Relay Track Events (Must be 14 or older):
Men Women Mixed
4x100m 4x100m 4x100m
4x400m 4x400m 4x400m
*Note: Relay teams can be mixed age groups (14 and older), but athletes must all be from the same division and same team.
Must be registered as a competitor for track and field.
Competitors will compete in their own gender, age category and division. All events will be timed finals. When there are multiple heats in an event, the ranking of the competitors for medals or advancement will be based solely on time.
1. Medals will be awarded to first, second, and third in each event to Division 1 and Division 2 categories by gender and age groups.
2. Team relays will be awarded to Division 1 and Division 2 categories by gender. There are no age group categories for team relays. Must be 14 or older.
1. Event check-in will be 30 minutes before each event under the check-in tent.
2. Competitors will get bib numbers at competitor check-in.
3. Track & Field staff will be responsible for queuing competitors prior to the scheduled heat and will direct athletes to the start line.
4. Track & Field staff may combine events/divisions based on schedule and number of competitors. This will not affect medal award categories.
5. Allowable spike maximum height is ¼”
6. All equipment will be provided for track and field events; no other equipment will be acceptable for competition.
7. Individual TGA teams will decide who will participate in relay events.
8. Children under 14 cannot participate in team relays.
9. Relay teams must consists of 4 team members. Less than 4 are ineligible.
10. For the mixed relay, there can be no greater than 2 males per team.
Field Event Guidelines:
1. Adult shot put weights:
a. 3kg (women 50+, and men 80+)
b. 4kg (girls 14-17, women 18-49, and men 70-79)
c. 5kg (boys 14-17 and men 40-69)
d. 7.26 kg (men 18-39)
2. Adult discus weights:
a. 2kg (men under 50)
b. 1kg (all women and men 50+)
3. Starting high-jump heights:
a. Youth Girls: 3’2” – up 2” at a time
b. Youth Boys: 3’6” – up 2” at a time
c. Adult Women: 4’0” – up 2” at a time
d. Adult Men: 4’4” – up 2” at a time
4. Shot put, discus, long jump, and softball throw participants receive 3 throws – no finals.
5. High jump participants receive 3 jumping opportunities at each height to successfully clear the bar.
6. Softballs are 11” women’s collegiate fast pitch regulation.
USA Track & Field Rules will apply. With some modifications.
Once an event is completed and results are available, track and field staff must record all competitors and times/scores to the appropriate system/documents. When electronic scoring is being utilized a manual backup system must be in place to record results.
When available, during the course of competition, sports directors may post results (identified as preliminary) for public and competitor review.
Upon conclusion of the day’s competition, sports directors must submit final results for each event. Manual documents must be signed and dated by the appropriate staff member. Results will be reviewed for accuracy and posted in the TGA Village.
**Rules and format are subject to change and may be modified based on each competition.